The long awaited major update to the entire Adobe Creative Suite was announced this week. There is some seriously major updates to many of the applications, but perhaps the biggest news is the new Creative Cloud. Creative Cloud is Adobe’s new offering where you pay a monthly fee to get full access to all of Adobe’s software, plus much much more!
I’ve compiled a handful of links here–including how to download Photoshop CS6 right now!
- CNET News–Five reasons Adobe’s CS6 subscription is smart
- Yahoo News–Adobe CS6 offers customers a new subscription cloud service
- CNET News–Adobe makes the CS6 sales pitch
- Adobe.com–Creative Suite 6
- Adobe.com–NEW Creative Cloud
- Download Photoshop CS6 Beta NOW
The base price (when you pay for 12 months) is $49.99 per month. That equates to roughly $600 per year, which is the same as upgrades to two Adobe Products (they are usually $299 for an upgrade).
The month-to-month plan is $79.99 per month so that makes it substantially more expensive. It might be a good choice if you only need access to the programs a couple of months, but in that case it might be cheaper to just do a regular upgrade of the products that you need so you have them as a boxed product. Read more